The Grunewald Family

The Grunewald Family

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lost a tooth....

Max lost his first tooth on our trip to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend. He has had a few loose teeth for a few months now and I keep thinking it will happen any day. Well, we ate lunch one day and he just cried as he ate because he could feel the tooth "crunching". I remember that feeling....

During naps, I heard him whisper, "Mom". I went over to his bed and he showed me his tooth. He was so excited...I could just sense his self pride! Most of his friends at school have already lost a tooth, and I could tell he was now finally so excited to be like them :)

Here he is later that day at the pool...enjoying life with one less tooth! Greg was teasing him and told him that we needed to make sure the tooth fairy knew where he was...that maybe we should go online and register to make sure they knew we were out of town, and to come see us at Great Wolf Lodge. Well, Max totally went with it and decided he would wait until he was home. So tonight, I brought it up again to see if he wanted to put it in his toothfairy pillow. He started crying...apparently he didn't want the tooth fairy to take his tooth. Don't worry...I wrote the tooth fairy a note asking them to please leave Max's tooth, along with the money :) And the "toothfairy" (ies) were arguing at our house as to whether Max should get a quarter or a dollar. I know kids whose tooth fairies have given them up to $5 per tooth, so I didn't want Max to feel like the toothfairy didn't like him :) I know, it's stupid. As I write it, I realize how stupid it is...gosh why do I worry about such little things?

We had a blast on our trip...got some cute pictures of the boys playing that I will post later. I just didn't want to forget to write down Max's first lost tooth. Love you sweetie!

5 comments:

Giles Family said...

Yay Max! That's so exciting! I'm sure he is proud and so are the toothfairies :)
Madeline hasn't lost any teeth yet, and if she's like her dad she won't lose her first one until she's 10 years old :)

Norma said...

Can't believe you are growing up so fast, Max!! I think the tooth fairy should bring at least $5... I'll not forget how proud you were of your lost teeth, Laura! Remember the necklaces you and your sisters made to show them off??.... Yes, you did!!! Love, Noonie

Molly said...

I LOVE IT! What wonderful memories you are making and I just love to be in on them. I miss you all terribly and this weekend couldn't come fast enough. Post about Lukie tomorrow, okay? I need new pics of him. Lub you Rae

Becki Francy said...

OK....I just laughed out loud at the argument between the toothfaries. Never thought about the feeling the toothfary did not like them....hmmmm.....apparently the francy kids are not going to be well liked by the tooth fary.....we will explain that the Broken Arrow Tooth Fairy is poor.....ha!

Becki Francy said...

OK....I just laughed out loud at the argument between the toothfaries. Never thought about the feeling the toothfary did not like them....hmmmm.....apparently the francy kids are not going to be well liked by the tooth fary.....we will explain that the Broken Arrow Tooth Fairy is poor.....ha!