The Grunewald Family

The Grunewald Family

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I don't want to forget....

Life is good...and lately I have been trying to slow down and take it all in. I am constantly reminded that the time with the boys is flying by, and I want to make sure I make the most of each moment. Max, you love football! I will say that I have had a hard time watching you get tackled, but you are learning so much and having a blast! Each week you are improving, and most importantly having fun. At the last game, you made a great tackle and your name was called over the loud speaker. I felt my heart leap and was so proud of you! I am always proud of you, but I feel proud watching you grow, learn and enjoy something new! Our sweet Metro friends....Ethan, Luke, Max & JP. Sweet boys! And great football players :)

Luke...goodness gracious how are you already 17 months old? I LOVE your curly hair....you are such a beautiful little boy! You have found your voice and you don't mind SCREAMING to let me know if someone is bugging you, or if you want something. You have also started talking a lot...you say mommy, daddy, bubba, more, bubbles, doggy, ball and more. You babble a lot and it is super cute because it's like you really have something you want to tell me. My newest favorite thing you do is you sing! OH, I love hearing you sing. You sing a song that if only I could understand you, I think you are singing the same song over and over. When I sing to you, I ask you to sing with me and you do...except we are singing two different songs!~The bear in this picture is your favorite...I gave him to you so that when you went back to school you would have something to "cling" to. You love this bear and you like to take him everywhere we go!


Hello First Grader! Max, goodness you are learning so much already! Your reading skills have really improved, and you have worked hard to be where you are at! I am so proud of you! You read 7 books to me last night because you wanted to fill up your reading log, so you could take it back to school and get more stickers. I have learned that you are more competitive than I realized....but I see it pushing you to be a better person, and that is a good thing!


Hello Sutton Grant! My little worker bee. Today Sutton, Luke & I went to meet Randy Kay at a new listing. We pulled up and realized that the house had a water leak. Sutton immediately said, "Mom, you should have told me so I could have brought my tools". Ahh! He is so funny, but he really means it. He LOVES going to our listings and working on stuff!
Sutton you like being at Metro again. This year you have Mrs. Olsen and she has been a great fit for you. You are meeting new friends and learning about your colors, shapes and alphabet. You can count really high, you know your abc's and love to sing to me. You hear Max reading, so yesterday you tried to read a book to me. You kept telling me to teach you how to read. This week I went to meet you and Max for lunch at school and you would have thought you all won the lottery with the look of suprise on your face when you saw me. It was such a fun treat to suprise you, and to sit with you while you ate lunch. Both of you had a hard time leaving mommy, and I have to say that I remember having a hard time leaving my mom too. When I picked you up from school yesterday, you said, "Everybody what was your favorite part of the day?" So I said, "Getting to see you all at lunch". Sutton says, "Me too, but I almost cried when I had to leave you...but I didn't". Then Max chimes in from the back seat, "It's okay Sutton, I cried when mom left me". It was a cute moment....sweet boys I love you!


This picture is to remind me to write down what a blessing Greg is. Boys, I want you to know how much I love and admire your daddy. I hope you can become a kind, loving, caring man like he is. Your dad loves you all so much! Greg, you are a wonderful husband and father! I love you...







4 comments:

Fether said...

Look at those handsome boys! We sure miss you all!

Becki Francy said...

tell sutton and max it is ok - aunt becki cried just reading it!

bristle family said...

Oh my goodness...you have such a beautiful family and Laura you are such a beautiful person...inside and out.
Love you!
Michelle

LJC said...

Laura, I had to hold back tears as I read ALL about the boys and Greg. I remember before Max was born and now he is a 1st grader. Life is like a vapor, gone before we know it. Well now I am crying, couldn't hold it back!! ENJOY and SAVOR EVERY MOMENT.... BEAUTIFUL family.