The Grunewald Family

The Grunewald Family

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gigi comes to Stay!!

This weekend Gigi came to see us (Pops was at a conference in Houston. We missed you Pops-you are loved!)



I brought the boys home from school and Gigi was already at the house waiting for us. I usually like to have my home in better "order" when our family comes to stay, but I have had a crazy week. Gigi had started to get the kitchen organized and was doing dishes (my love language :)) She watched Luke & Sutton for me so that I could take Max to a birthday party. I really appreciated the help because I really desire to have one on one time with the kids. It was a great time for Max and I. After the party, we headed home to see that Uncle Sage & Jacque were there to eat dinner and play with us. Gigi bought us dinner and we had a great relaxing night hanging out together and talking...we enjoyed talking so much we stayed up too late!

Saturday morning Greg and I woke up to giggles and talking coming from the family room. Gigi had all three boys in there playing...and I am pretty sure Luke was bossing her around :) Luke is in a bossy stage where he just tells the adults how high to jump and when to do it! We enjoyed a lazy morning together and then went to see Max's bastketball game. Max had another great game and made 3 baskets. He was upset though, he wants every week to be his best game. He is really good at hustling and defense in the game. He is having a lot of fun and getting great exercise! Gigi had to go home after the game...we will miss her, but LOVED getting to have her here! Next week we get to see Papa John and maybe Gma too.

After naps, we went to ride bikes with our friends the Fullingims at their new house, and our neighborhood FeatherStone. We have met there a few times to ride bikes and it's so fun. It was a beautiful day today...a great day to ride bikes and play with friends. Greg spent the afternoon at church, helping to referee the Upward games...so he came to meet us at FeatherStone. We couldn't stay long because Greg and Max were headed to OSU for a basketball game. Max & Sutton rotate who gets to go, and this time it was Max's turn.

Tomorrow we will go to church and then to lunch with some new friends from London who have moved to Tulsa, Andrew & Belinda Love. Then we will go to my parent's house to hear more about a new upcoming movie called "Home Run"...we will learn more about it tomorrow, but I am sure it has to do with recovery and a Christian life....

The weekend isn't over and I already feel like we have had some good family time, and a good relaxing day! Off to do some laundry. When I put Sutton to bed, he said..."Mom, what are you going to do now?" I said, "Laundry, I need to get my chores done". He said, "You better get some rest, you will be tired". Oh, I have to write this down about Sutton....this morning he brought me Greg's bodywash, toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant. He told me that he wanted to go upstairs and take a shower. I explained to him that I needed him to stay downstairs in case he needed me to help him, or if he got hurt (slipped and fell). So, he took a shower in our bathroom. He is in this phase of doing things just like his daddy. He mimmicks what Greg wears, how he acts, and Sutton's nature and personality is just like Greg. Sutton wants to know how things work, how they are made, etc. So, watching him get ready, take a shower, fix his hair, brush his teeth...anyone who knows Greg well knows that he is a clean, well groomed man. And, so is his son. Sutton even told us that Max didn't shower and was going to stink! (Max was going to play basketball, so we let him skip). The final touch was Sutton saw Greg put on a watch...and within minutes, Sutton brought back a watch for me to put on him :) I am blessed with a great husband...and he is a great father to our boys. The boys long to be like him, to be with him and to please him.

Today was another good day....I am thankful!

1 comment:

Norma said...

Thanks so much for sharing your life, thoughts, feelings and recording all you do about all those men in your life! Know I am MOST thankful for Greg, an awesome rold model for my grandsons... Love you all, Mom