The Grunewald Family

The Grunewald Family

Monday, February 14, 2011

Good Times

Well, I haven't posted in a long time....all of my boys keep me busy. They are growing up fast, and this weekend we had some fun times that I wanted to write down.
Saturday started out with Max's basketball game. It is so fun to see him excel in basketball and have fun doing it! This week he made 6 baskets at his game and as he was recounting the game to me he told me, "I kept making baskets because of the fouls" but what he really meant was that he was making the baskets because he was getting the rebounds!

Later that afternoon, Greg took us to see "Megamind" at the movies. I have taken the boys to the movie before, but not with Greg because we usually go a lot in the summers. I had a "lightbulb" moment when we were in the movie theatre.....Greg had Luke on his lap, Max was between us and Sutton was on my lap. I realized that the boys were finally old enough for us to be at the movies together! The last few years we have had to split up to do things because Luke (& Sutton) still needs naps, etc and although it is just a part of our life right now, it was so neat to see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that we'll get to start doing more as a whole family!! Our napping days are not over, but it was fun to know what is in our near future! After the movies, we went to eat dinner...so it was a special night for sure!

Sunday we went to church...we have missed church because of our crazy snow weather lately...we were all eager to go to church and worship! It was a great day...we went to eat lunch with my family and then had Lauren over to play for the afternoon. The weather was beautiful..the boys stayed out to play for hours on end. I looked out the window multiple times to see the boys, Lauren and Greg having snowball fights with leftover snow. It had to have been at least 50 degrees, but we had so much snow that it's still EVERYWHERE! We made cookies and got their Valentine's ready for school the next day. Then the best part...Greg took me to dinner for Valentine's Day to McGill's. Our first date was on February 13, 1998 so I always love thinking back to our first date and especially going out on a date! It was a great time for us to talk...uninterrupted!

My love tank feels full....my boys are so special, growing up so fast! I love each of them and where they are right now!

Sutton is growing non stop....Max is still a head taller than him, but Sutton is shrinking the gap between how much they weigh. If our scale is right, Sutton weighs 55 pounds and Max weighs 61! Sutton is still very much into tractors, especially John Deere. He is learning how to write his name, write his letters, and do "homework". Sutton wants to play sports, BAD...but we can't find a soccer team for him to play on. He has gone to all of Max's sports for years and is ready for his turn! He likes to be funny and tell stories. He loves to wrestle with Max...funnies part is he likes to do the football stance and he says "down, set, hut hut hut hut" then he runs full speed at Max! Their size is close enough (and Sutton is strong enough) that they are a pretty good match for each other. His favorite songs right now are "Twinkle twinkle little star" and "Itsy Bitsy spider". It's funny because I often forget that although he is big, he is still 4 and likes thing that little boys like. Sutton and Luke are home (without Max) on Tues and Thurs...the neatest part about it is that Sutton effortlessly steps into big brother role, and takes Luke under his wing. It is really neat to sit back and watch it take place.

Luke is 22.34 months :) I still like to count him in months because it helps me stay in denial that he is almost 2! AHH! My Lukie is such a pumpkin...he is talking more and more every day. The other day the boys were all playing chase...they stopped for a moment and Luke started signing "more, more" I LOVED it! How neat to watch him communicate without being able to speak all of his thoughts! He knew he wanted to keep playing chase...so he did what he knew to get that done! He can say "Mats (Max), Sus (Sutton), doggy, he lists all of his grandparents by name...the other day I swore he said "Jacque" when she was over. He still does a babble talk that is funny. He loves trucks and books! At nap and bedtime, he loves to read about 3 books or so. He goes to Victory Christian a few days a week and he loves it. His teacher tells me that he is good at picking up his toys! That's a Grunewald!! Oh and he likes Elmo...it's funny because I can still see that Sutton is at the end of liking Elmo...and Luke is just learning about Elmo! He can say Elmo..I am thinking that his 2nd bday may need to be an Elmo party!

Tonight when I put them to bed, Greg was still at work, so I put them to bed all separately so I could have some one on one time with them. It was a great weekend that I want to remember. I worry that my days will run together as I get older (cause they already do) and I want to make sure that I put aside some time here and there to jot down our day to day life.

And now....off to spend some time with my honey. Happy Valentine's Day my little men!

2 comments:

Molly said...

OH how I love this post. I've been missing your post Missy. I love how HUGE Sutton is. I really don't think Owen has hit 50 lbs yet! And I know that Cooper is only 39 lbs because we took him to the dr just before we left. We sure miss your family and I love hearing these updates. I would complain that there aren't pics but I got onto Kodakgallery yesterday and got into your albums to get my fill. Love you more than words. So very thankful your love tank is full. Please thank Greg for me ;)

PaperDoll Designs said...

Charlie would LOVE to play soccer but we had the same trouble!! Let's try to find them a team together in the fall!!